JOB DESCRIPTION OF DEPUTY KITCHEN ASSISTANT
RESPONSIBLE TO: Home Manager
REPORTS TO: Cook
OBJECTIVE: Our objective is to provide a secure and caring environment with a homely atmosphere and to provide care and practice appropriate to individual residents of the highest possible standard.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: The deputy kitchen assistant has a lesser job description than a permanent kitchen assistant. Their main purpose is to assist and support the kitchen assistant as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Undertake general cleaning of all areas within the kitchen and food preparation areas, dry goods store and dining room including the washing of pots/pans and sink duties.
- Clean thoroughly areas such as windows, ledges, shelves etc.
- Assist in the preparation of food.
- Assist in the service of all meals and snacks
- Observe the correct use of equipment
- Report any breakdowns or defects in machinery or materials to the cook or person in charge.
- Ensure that all liquids, cleaning materials and solvents are locked away at all times.
- Observe good hygiene practices
- Report any accident/incident which may occur.
- Observe good safety practices at all times, thus ensuring the safety of residents, staff and members of the public
- Read and understand the Home’s policies and procedures in relation to:
- Health and Safety
- Accident Prevention
- Cleanliness of the home
- Fire prevention and fire procedure
- Code for food handlers
- Causes of food poisoning
- Control of infection
- Conform with the Home’s dress code at all times
- Participate in staff induction and training in order to maintain the highest level of service to all visitors
- Assist in areas as required by Management
- This job description is not meant to be definitive nor restrictive and will be modified to meet changing needs.